31 contestants will compete this Memorial Day weekend for the crown of Miss New York. The winner will represent the Empire State at the 2018 Miss America Pageant this coming September in Atlantic City.
The Miss New York State Pageant and Pageant Preliminaries will be staged once again at the historic St. George Theater, in Staten Island on May 26-28, 2017. The contestants will compete in swimsuit, evening gown, one-on-one interview and talent.
The Miss New York Organization have had great success recently at Miss America. Winners in 2013, 2014 & 2015 all represented New York, a feat that has never been duplicated by any other state before or since.
The contestants vying for the crown include:
- OLIVIA GRANT, Thousand Islands
- MEGHAN SINISI, Central New York
- LAUREN MOLELLA, Copper City
- NEETU CHANDAK, Seneca Falls
- AMANDA ABDAGIC, Revere
- MACKENZIE PERPICH, Queens
- BRITTNEY HOLLINGSWORTH, Brooklyn
- ALEXINA TAMSEN FEDERHEN, Metropolitan
- ALLISON DELUCA, Staten Island
- ROSE BOLELLA, Manhattan
- HEATHER GRAVES, Fulton County
- MELISSA CALATO, Colonial
- GABRIELLE WALTER, Western New York
- EMMALEE STAWICKI, Buffalo
- KATHRYN BEAGLE, Adirondack
- TAISHA ST. JEAN, Central Square Apple Festival
- NINA ZESKY, Liberty
- ASHLEY MARIE DAVIS, Richmond County
- EMMA SILEN, Cosmopolitan
- CASSIE PARADISE, Finger Lakes
- BRIANNA LOCKWOOD, Southern Tier
- LEXI SWATT, Empire Rose
- CEDAR CHAMBERS, Pride of New York
- MADISON MANUEL, Mohawk Valley
- STEPHANIE MEADOWCROFT, Greater NYC
- SARA JAMES, Fonda Fair
- BAYLEE SIMPSON, Upstate New York
- VICTORIA LEE OPALKA, Montgomery County
- RAHMEKA COX, Empire Star
- BRIDGET AVERY, Niagara
- SHEREEN PIMENTEL, Heart of New York
Kira Kazantsev, Miss New York 2014 and Miss America 2015, will host all three nights of competition.
Asia Hickman, Miss New York’s Outstanding Teen 2017, will perform — as will Camille Sims, Miss New York 2016 and second runner-up to Miss America.
The winner will receive a $10,000 scholarship to continue her education and the opportunity to compete for the National title.