Miss Indiana 2017 is Miss Metropolitan, Haley Begay. Haley, 19, of Pittsboro, attends Indiana University in Bloomington where she majors in journalism and Spanish. Her personal platform is “Don’t Silence the Violence: Domestic Violence Awareness” and her talent is a vocal performance of “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen.
Additionally, Haley won preliminary awards in Interview, Talent and Lifestyle and Fitness in Swimsuit. Haley will represent Indiana at Miss America in Atlantic City, NJ, in September of 2017.
The remainder of the Miss Indiana Top 5:
- 1st runner-up – Miss South Bend, Grace Haase, 19, a student at St. Mary’s College
- 2nd runner-up – Miss Collegiate North, Madison Seifert, 22, of Auburn, a recent graduate of IPFW
- 3rd runner-up – Miss Auburn Cord Duesenberg, Kelsey Foster, 23, of Fort Wayne, a graduate of Indiana University
- 4th runner-up – Miss Elkhart County, Andrea Kline, 21, of Goshen, a student at Indiana University South Bend.
- Other semifinalists were Miss Harvest Homecoming Ollie Ballew, 23, of Jeffersonville, Miss Heart of Indiana Maureen Brooks, 23, of Indianapolis, Miss Banks of the Wabash Kirsten Davenport, 23, of Indianapolis, Miss Wabash Valley Caroline McKinney, 24, of Fishers, Miss Cardinal Kaitlyn Schleis,19, of West Lafayette and Miss Duneland Chelsea Smith, 23, of Bargersville,